CSA: Community Supported Agriculture 2020 Applications Now Available
CSA Shares can only be purchased during the winter months to help pay for the purchase of seeds, fertilizer etc.
A Riverside Farm CSA is different than the typical CSA. You are in control of your CSA Dollars.
(1) YOU CHOOSE which CSA items you want (2) YOU CHOOSE the quantity of any item (we do not prefill a bag for you) (3) YOU CHOOSE what day of the week to pick up anytime during our normal business hours. 9am to 6pm 7 days a week (4) YOU CHOOSE from many items not normally available through a CSA such as Chicken Pot Pies, Bedding Plants and so much more… Everything we sell at the Farm Stand, perishable or nonperishable, is included in the CSA. (5) YOU CHOOSE how to pay for your share. Either by CHECK OR CREDIT CARD. Cash, too, if you want to hand deliver.
All members will receiveEXTRA BONUS CSA Dollars!!Your Bonus is calculated by multiplying your “purchase price” times “10%”.
Example: You purchase a share for $500, multiply it by 10% equals a $50 bonus. This amount is added to your CSA account giving you a total of $550 ($500 purchase price + $50 bonus) to spend at Riverside Farm Stand.
The extra bonus alone is a great value but we also give members DISCOUNTED PRICING on some of our most popular items. Items offered at a discounted price all season long last year included:
Strawberries (from the north)
Peaches - local
Apples - local
many more items not listed
Most of the above items, as well as other items not listed, would have been purchased multiple times during the season for even MORE SAVINGS!
IMPORTANT NOTE: discounted items can only be purchased with CSA dollars
Why Should I Enroll in a CSA at Riverside Farm?
- More Spending Power - you receive 10% bonus dollars on the value of your share.
- Special Pricing - we offer special pricing on certain items throughout the season for CSA Members only, boosting your spending power even more
- Shopping Convenience - we do not have a designated day of the week to use your CSA, instead, you are free to spend your CSA funds when it is convenient for you. 7 days a week, 9am- 6pm
- Pick and Choose - unlike most CSA’s, with ours, you get to pick and choose what you want, how much you want, any day of the week, during normal business hours. Please note: Pick up is at the Farm Stand only not at any of the farmer’s markets we attend.
CSA pick up begins on the first day we open in the Spring until October 31st
- Variety - not only do we offer fruits and vegetables, but your CSA funds can be used toward Plants, Garden Supplies, Baked Goods and the many other items we offer for sale at the Farm Stand.
- Commitment to eating Fresh Fruits and Vegetables - knowing that you have prepaid will motivate you to choose fresh, locally grown food.
- I am a Regular Riverside Farm Customer - since you shop at our Stand regularly now, it only makes sense to become a CSA Member and take advantage of the opportunity to SAVE MONEY!
- Support Local Agriculture - your CSA Membership supports a local Family Farm , in business since 1743. Community Support is what sustains small, local farms.
- Rollover of Funds Feature - as long as you join again the following season, any leftover funds are rolled over into the next season.
Our CSA is tailored to provide a season long return on your investment through variety, schedule flexibility, and discounts. We want to reward our members for their shares and build lasting relationships that will grow well after the season ends.
What will you be offering to Riverside Farm CSA members?
Fruits, Vegetables, Plants, Garden Supplies(potting soil, mulches etc), Baked Goods(like chicken pot pie, homemade bread), Honey, Eggs, Grass-Fed Beef and many more items. Everything sold at the farm stand is included in CSA.
How Do I Use My CSA?
As a CSA Member you will receive a store credit at the Farm Stand. The amount of the credit is the dollar value of the CSA you purchased plus the 10% BONUS which is calculated and added to your store credit.
Spend your CSA credit anytime during our normal business hours and come in as often as you like. How much of your credit you use per visit is up to you. We are open 7 days a week, 9 am to 6 pm. All CSA Dollars must be spent by October 31st.Please note that anything we sell at the Farm Stand is included in the CSA!!CSA CREDIT AT THE FARM STAND ONLY, NOT AVAILABLE TO USE AT FARMER’S MARKET.
What is the Cost of a CSA Membership?
1/2 Shareis $250-$499 you decide the exact amount
Full Shareis $500 or more you decide the exact amount and you receive higher discounts on items like eggs, honey etc.
When can I start using my CSA?
You can start using it the day we open in the spring which is sometime in mid-April.
How much time do I have to use up my CSA credit?
CSA begins the day we open but ends on October 31stthough the store remains open until Christmas eve.
What Happens if I don’t use all of my Store Credit?
With our “Rollover Feature”, as long as you purchase a CSA the following season, any leftover amount will carry over and be added to your store credit for the new season.
How do I enroll in the CSA at Riverside Farm?
If you are interested in becoming a member of our CSA, you can print out a copy of our CSA Enrollment, Agreement, and Survey here >
CSA Riverside Farm 110 Dennett Road North Berwick, ME 03906
If you are unable to print out an enrollment form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text Lorraine at 207-651-3001. Leave a message and we will arrange to send you a form. It’s first come, first serve, and we have only a limited number of shares available, so please hurry.
Farm Stand Location is 323 Elm Street(ROUTE 4), North Berwick Me